144 Decoursey Cove Ln
Queenstown, MD, 21658, United States
Property ID: #248421 // RESIDENTIAL
- Address144 Decoursey Cove Ln
- CountryUnited States
- CountyQueen Annes
- Property TypeResidential
- Additional TypesHome, Residential, Single Family
- Parcel Number05022940
- Year Built1968
- Lot Size7.24 Acres
- Full Baths5.00
- Half Baths1
- Square Feet5,428
- MLS Number(s)116358
This home has a long and very interesting beginning as the Director's abode for the Aspen Institute. The Director's family and the Callahan's have been the only two inhabitants. The house was commercially built by Mr. Houghton whose pick of Architect was very influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright and was positioned very close to the Wye River which is unheard of now. When looking at comps realize that this property is closer to the water then most and has a high elevation from MLW. This provides for views from within the home that are unequalled in terms of water views. In fact some views are only of water giving the illusion that the home is actually built on the water. Breath taking. The short boating distance to the Chesapeake Bay thru Eastern Bay plus the sail boat depth water around Wye Island makes any boating possible. The pier is equipped with a power boat lift, jet ski lift and deep water for a large boat. Moreover the property is protected by Wye Island as a barrier to and along storms moving up the Bay. The views of Wye Island are unobstructed with Sunrises and Sunsets dancing off the water. The purchase of a contiguous 9.34 acres of land increases the nature appeal as well as privacy. Moreover, the land is contoured to easily contain a 5, 000 SF pond that would be inviting to nature and man. The Landscaping provides a patio on the water side as well as a patio with an enclosed court yard looking out on the nature side. The inviting front circle drive can be a setting for a theme of whatever interest the new owner wishes. This home is located 5 miles from rout 50. Chesapeake College and an New Emergency Medical Center plus BWI Airport and Easton Airport are all very close plus 30 minutes to Annapolis or Easton and less then an hour to Washington DC. High speed Fiber Optics are now available. Buyer must promise to Dance the Moonlite nights away on the open deck off the Master Bedroom and enjoy the Beautiful Sun Rises. Simple stated enjoy all nature has to offer. Worth the visit.
- Buyer's Fee: 0%
- Earnest Money: Total earnest money to be negotiated at the time of offer and to be agreed upon in writing in a Purchase Contract by the Buyer and Seller.
- Brokers and Agents are fully protected and encouraged to participate.
- RealtyHive & Micoley.com, LLC are licensed auction firms performing auction and auction marketing services as part of this transaction.
Property Buying Tips
So you’ve decided to buy! Congrats, that’s great!
Here are some great tips to get you on your way to ownership.
1. Determine Your Budget & SaveTake into account the average down-payment is 10%. 10% is not required, but the loan amount and approval will fluctuate depending on the percentage you put down. Determine how much you can pay for your monthly mortgage. Outline your expenses and be honest with yourself about what you can reasonably afford. Also, ask yourself what happens if you lose your job? Or if you’re part of a couple, what happens if your spouse loses their job?
2. Secure a LoanOnce you’ve got your budget in order, it’s time to go shopping for a loan. Visit multiple lenders to weigh your options and find the best deal. Each bank will determine if you are eligible and at what interest rate you will be charged. based on your financial situation. Make sure to ask questions such as what the breakdown of the monthly payments will be once you have made your down payment, how the loan term will affect your monthly payments, whether or not the interest rate is fixed or variable, if home insurance or any other services are included within the home purchase amount.
3. Be PreparedHave a current Pre-qualification letter and good faith deposit funds available. Technology makes it easier than ever for your real estate agent to draft and transmit a purchase offer back and forth for your signatures. But, this is only one piece of the puzzle. You also need a current pre-qualification letter, and ready access to your good faith deposit. This can be obtained from the bank and confirms their willingness to give you a loan. Most sellers won’t accept a letter that’s more than three months old. If your home search lasts for more than three months, you’ll need an updated pre-qualification letter. When you submit your offer, it must include a check for the good faith deposit. Generally, good faith is at least 3% of the purchase price. This check will be deposited into an escrow account within three days of an accepted offer.
4. Stay InformedAlways make sure to do your homework and learn the history on a property you are interested in. Does the neighborhood have a high crime rate or a new highway/major road being constructed nearby that could be affecting the price? Is the heating, plumbing, roofing and window work in good condition? Those hidden problems can lead to major expenses in the future - post purchase. Ask your realtor for a property condition report and and see if the home comes pre-inspected. If not, we highly recommended to get and inspection before the purchase is complete. Being “in-the-know” and taking the extra steps can save you money and headaches in the long run.
Other Auction Event Listings
Online Only Event/Auction:
January 22nd 10:00am - 4:00pm CST
This event has ended. Back up bids are welcome up to 72 hours after the event ends. In the event this property does not sell, back up bids will be submitted to the seller for consideration.
Please contact your local lender